We Want To Be Your Lumber And Building Supplies Source!
Question: Can local lumberyards like Honor, and Onekama Building Supply really meet my needs?
Answer: You bet we can! We work with some of the best custom builders in the area, and we are able to more than meet their needs. Bigger isn't always better, especially when it comes to customer service. Local service makes a huge difference. We believe in and stand behind the quality products we sell. Our friendly and hard working delivery people stand ready to get your materials to you when you need them. We will save you time which will save you money!
Question: Can you really compete with the Boxes?
Answer: Truthfully, yes, we can! Especially when you look at the project as a whole. While the big boxes can have great pricing on selected items, when your project is priced as a package we are very competitive. We will make sure you have enough of the right, quality materials when you need them to successfully complete your project. Throw in reasonable local delivery, a sales staff with nearly 300 years combined experience in the building industry, and not having to spend all that money on gas...well you get the idea. So, please don't just look at one price, give us a shot at your entire project. Estimates are FREE! We promise we are worth a look!
Question: You keep talking about quality building materials, but come on a 2x4 is a 2x4, right?
The Benzie Area Historical Society, which owns and manages the Benzie Area Historical Museum and the Drake School, impacts our community in a wide variety of ways:
- Our volunteer teachers have created Junior Historians, a curriculum-based program for elementary school students. We also host tours at the Museum and the Drake School for students of all ages.
- The Society provides research and other support to teachers at both Benzie Central and Frankfort-Elberta Schools. Activities include an annual Bruce Catton essay contest, recreating historical sites/events through art, and learning how to research using primary sources.
- Over 550 local students participated in the Society’s Junior Historians program, tours and other outreach this year!
- Our archivists have recorded over 18,250 photographs, diaries, musical scores and other objects in our online archives with many of these artifacts on exhibit at the Museum and Drake School.
- Local schools, writers, and universities regularly use the archives, and we routinely field requests for people searching for links to their past.
- Our research department collaborated with the Betsie Valley Trail board, providing photos and recommendations on which events and people should be featured on trail kiosks.
- We published two books – The Hotel Frotenac and Aux Becs Scies: Frankfort Harbor 1860-1910 this year. These books, which benefit the Historical Society, and others on Benzie County history are available for sale at the Museum.
- Our quarterly newsletter is focused on sharing the people, events, and industries which have shaped Benzie County’s history, and we regularly provide newspapers and other publications with articles, photos and research.
- We protect thousands of historic textiles, furniture and other items stored in our climate-controlled collections building.
- We partner with the Genealogical Society and offer genealogy services.
- The Benzonia Academy Lecture Series offers free lectures to the general public on national, international, and local history on the second Thursday of each month.
The Benzie Area Historical Society is a Michigan non-profit and IRS 501(c) (3) tax-exempt membership organization and depends solely on donations for its operations. Please consider supporting our work by joining the Society and attending our events. Visits the The Benzie Area Historical Museum website to learn more!
Don’t see what you were looking for? We stock many items, and can special order many more. CONTACT US with your questions.
Honor and Onekama Hardware and Building Supply have been serving Benzie county and the rest of Northern Michigan since 1963.
We are committed to providing top quality home improvement products, and excellent customer service to the people of Northern Michigan. We serve the Benzie, Grand Traverse, Manistee, Wexford, Leelanau, Kalkaska, Antrim, and Mason Counties. This includes the communities of Honor, Benzonia, Beulah, Lake Ann, Interlochen, Empire, Glen Arbor, Leland, Suttons Bay, Northport, Traverse City, Manistee, Bear Lake, Onekama, Arcadia, Mesick, and the surrounding areas.
Northwestern Michigan is home to many great attractions, including the beautiful Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lake Shore, The Traverse City Beach Bums, The National Cherry Festival, and more.